next open slots spring 2023
Please note that these Mecates are custom made and have usually a waiting time of 8-12 weeks. Get in touch, to see where I can fit this very special order in for you.
Our popular Loping Hackamore with the just as popular braided Mecate. And now you can choose your own style.
The Loping Hackamore is an excellent option to go bitless, training horses and just to have as an easy - all set up, back-up for daily use.
The Loping Hackamore is not as sophisticated in its functionality as a traditional hackamore but it helps to communicate basic cues to your horse, without putting pressure on its tongue or bars. The noseband and its attached reins at the base, enables clear lateral cues and motivate vertical flexion.
- Handmade in Sweden
- Stiff Lariat Rope Noseband
- Lightweight Leather Hanger, adjustable in size and with no metal hardware
- Attached braided Mecate with either 12 strands (14mm diameter) or 8 strands (11mm diameter)
- Reins can be removed for washing
- The hackamore is made to measure to your horses head & nose size
- Leather Hanger: adjustable in length
- Check our Sizing Page for more information
Choose Your Style:
- Many different colours for the rein & noseband: once you added your product to the cart, you can leave me a note on what colours you were thinking off. I will be in touch shortly to show you different colour options and styles, so please make sure you add a working email or phone number
- Colours available for nosebands at this point are: white, neon orange, light blue
- Leather hanger colours range from natural, tan to dark brown
- Choose if you prefer a plain, half or full braided noseband
Please note that colours may vary due to lighting and computer/ phone screens.
You can detach your reins easily and wash them at 30 degrees in the washing machine. Please note that the leather should be treated with leather smear after, to keep them fresh and smooth.