Running martingales help give the rider extra control by discouraging the horse from raising its head beyond the point that the bit works correctly in the horse’s mouth. It works by stabilising the reins and applying downward pressure on the mouth via the bit and reins when the horse raises its head too high.
This martingale is made up of two straps: one strap attaches to the girth after passing through the horse’s front legs, then branches into two straps, with a ring at the end of each through which the reins pass. This split strap is held in place by a second strap that sits around the horse’s neck.
This rope running martingale is a simple yet effective design, offering full adjustability while still encouraging a more collected frame.
- Martingales can make it easier for a horse to attain a more collected frame and stay softer in their head and neck without feeling trapped
- The neck rope holds the forks in proper position
- The neck rope is detachable and adjustable in size
- Material: Strong 1/4" ppm cord
Choose Your Style: on the last page before checkout, you will find a comment box, where you can enter your colour choice.
- Choose your colour here
- Choose the right size for your horse
Please note that colours may vary due to lighting, computer screens and differences in dye lots. If you are unsure send me a message, I can most likely send you a sample.
You can wash your reins at 30 degrees in the washing machine. Please note that the leather should be treated with leather smear after, to keep them fresh and smooth.